Recent Changes/Bug Reports
Version 11.47 (11/25/2023)
- Berger round robin table setting was getting reset to Crenshaw.
- NACH web report creator was omitting prizes.
- Added feature to allow for adjusting the screen height when maximized.
Version 11.46 (11/13/2023)
- Important fix for double-blitz style: Blitz results entered in double-entry mode were not updating the player scores immediately.
- Database was not automatically initialized upon a call to import players from a text list of ID numbers.
- Exporting to html with CSS was ignoring the font size if auto-sizing of the table was not selected.
Version 11.45 (11/3/2023)
- Fixed two tiebreak order issues for the Events page.
- Charts are now updated immediately after using the roster to make changes.
- Task launcher could freeze if long filenames were the same when abbreviated.
Version 11.44 (10/21/2023)
- Tweak for board order so that higher rated players are not moved down.
- Fixed form size issue for pair chart.
- Original tournament title was not retained when importing a section from another tournament.
- Fixed-roster web reports were skipping the individual listing when created in team mode.
Version 11.43 (8/10/23)
- Alphabetical pairings for blitz style were not showing board numbers.
- Forfeited results in blitz style DoubleEntryMode were not displayed correctly.
Version 11.42 (7/15/2023)
- Automatic backup saves were mistakenly flagging the tournament as officially saved.
- Fix for NACH reporting of double round robins. [Check on IsBergerRoundRobin resets
- Dump to Excel was greyed out until first round pairings were made.
Version 11.41 (6/28/2023)
- Reserve byes were not being reset under FIDE pairings, which could cause pairings to abort. (Versions 11.36-
- Uploads of SwissSys files to NACH corrected.
Version 11.4 (6/25/2023)
- Back by popular demand: Enter both results in double-blitz style with a single click.
- NACH hub improvement: Upload SwissSys file with the report.
- In rounds not yet played, standings were not showing "H" for reserved half point byes.
- Renaming sections from the Tournament Setup dialog changed the display but not the listing in memory.
- Overriding the FIDE accelerated pairings rule was being ignored.
Version 11.36 (5/28/2023)
- Renaming from the Tournament Setup dialog could rename the wrong section.
- Range check error when opening the program with 6 tiebreaks set.
- Two fixes for uploads to the NACH hub.
- After a double forfeit the "Delete All" option was only deleting the first player listed.
- Reload of player info from Tinker dialog was not updating blank expiration dates.
- Deleting players before the start of the tournament caused a range check error.
Version 11.35 (5/15/2023)
- Important: Load of settings failed if the maximums of 6 tiebreak choices was set.
- USCF rating report in standings order was listing forfeited opponents incorrectly.
- Player place in the standings was incorrectly indexed for the NACH report.
Version 11.34 (5/1/2023)
- Fix for reading ChessHub files in version 10 format.
Version 11.33 (4/24/2023)
- Contact information updated with change to new SwissSys host.
Version 11.32 (4/17/2023)
- Pairing logic could fail if one of the sections was not legally pairable.
- Improved flow with default folder option - Choice of last-used or current tournament folder.
- Including pairing information with emails did not list the board numbers.
- Support added for DGT format of PGN game headers.
Version 11.31 (11/22/2023)
- Added check on name length for Fide pairings.
- Updating ratings from custom databases failed if a player had no ID number.
- Save backups every time pairings are made.
- Important: Fix for "Access Error" when switching sections in pair chart.
Version 11.3 (3/5/2023)
- *Important fix for fixed-roster events: Switching teams in the pair chart was not updating the individual opponents.
- The reported count of available players was off.
Version 11.27 (2/17/2023)
- Duplicating a player after the tournament has begun could insert them into the new pair chart mistakenly.
- Using the undo menu after a change to a fixed-roster result in the Results Editor mixed up teams and players in
- the wall chart.
- Updating player data from database failed to update some data.
Version 11.26 (2/1/2023)
- Cancelling a registration could lead to other players being duplicated.
Version 11.25 (1/29/2023)
- Mixing round robin and Swiss could lead to failure to exit a section.
- Timing and memory overwrite issue: Now backups are no longer saved automatically after certain operations.
- Improved check on duplicate players when loading a club list.
- Individual-team ratings were listed incorrectly on the Events page.
Version 11.24 (1/17/2023)
- Titles are now case insensitive for ranking purposes.
- Combined view now can combine sections despite presence of unfinished rounds.
- Bucholtz Cut tiebreaks were not compensating correctly for unplayed games.
- Range error withdrawing players when the option to clear reserved byes was disabled.
Version 11.23 (12/18/2022)
- Loading from USCF database might alter the class indication.
- Naming of sections after cloning a tournament was not consistent.
- Exporting pair chart to html was not saving text with expected utf-8 encoding.
- Refreshing the combined sections view was appending players rather than overwriting.
- Cloning a tournament and clearing old players could give an access error when switching sections.
- Club lists were being expanded unnecessarily when they were updated.
- Events page: Master List omitted some fields.
Version 11.22 (11/26/2022)
- New feature: Option to save to older .tmt file with all sections saved at once for backwards compatibility.
- New feature: Check on provisional rating added for Update Ratings from Database command.
- Editing of Registration list did not pull up the selected players or duplicated the player.
- Alphabetical pairings for round robins could fail for a round with an odd number of players.
- Cancellation of tiebreak changes was being ignored.
Version 11.21 (11/10/2-22)
- Problem reading archived files from version 6 and older.
- Writing to dtf with round-by-round results included was truncating the final result character.
- The flag to mark pre-merge sections as non FIDE-rateable was missing.
Version 11.2 (10/27/2022)
- Reload of provisional ratings listed a "p" that was flagged as an invalid rating.
- Quebec numeric format and ANSI-formatted names caused FIDE pairings to abort.
- New Features:
- Added edit capability to the Tournament-at-a-Glance dialog.
- Option to use ID2 and Rating2 in rating reports.
- Option to include the Rating2 in the standings listing.
- Improved naming convention for backup files.
- Fixed-roster board orders are now updated automatically when a new player is added.
- Added contact information to prize reports.
Version 11.18 (10/12/2022)
- Head-to-head tiebreak was off for round robins.
- Team pairings for current section did not list board numbers.
Version 11.17 (10/6/2022)
- Option to toggle backup saving was getting reset automatically.
- Reading version 10 format files did not load all teams.
Version 11.16 (9/28/2022)
- Rating formula was not being remembered.
- Ratings not updated immediately after a rating formula change.
- Rating ranges added to prize setup printout.
- Toggling team-based mode was broken in version 11.15.
Version 11.15 (9/25/2022)
- Pair chart flagged some players as having byes incorrectly.
- Class trophy prizes were listed twice.
- More helpful error messages.
- Automatic backups saved only from the main view.
Version 11.13 (9/19/2022)
- More helpful error when attempting to use an out-of-date database index file.
- Changing round robin to Swiss format was not clearing board assignments.
- Ladder rankings were not saved to new file format properly.
Version 11.12 (9/1/2022)
- New feature: FTP uploads
- Merges needed a check on duplicate section names and updating of user-set merged file names.
Version 11.11 (8/26/2022)
- USCF Rating report for blitz style was not doubling the number of rounds.
- Spaced round robin blitz format could cause range check error and fail to pair.
Version 11.1 (8/17/2022)
- Important: In FIDE mode, a second full point bye could be assigned after a reload of the file.
- Web report could omit columns if the current section didn't need them.
Version 10.52 (11/26/2022)
- Output for Events page uploads was listing player handles twice.
Version 10.51 (6/16/2022)
- Norms adjusted so that FM and WFM titled opponents counted towards the minimum required.
- Events page prize listings incorrect in some sections.
Version 10.5 (6/6/2022)
- Support for revised Events page uploads.
- Allow read of fixed-roster club to import to the current section.
- Prize distribution bug with Irregular class prizes.
- Allow blank column headers in Excel databases.
- Rarely, modified random pairings could give a rematch.
- Task Launcher was sometimes not showing in the foreground.